- CPR Classes
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Citizen Fire Academy
- Fire Explorer Program
- Fire Prevention
- File of L.I.F.E
- Request Files & Reports
- Statistics & Reports
- Support Your Fire Dept.
- Contact Us
In order to better serve our community, the Evanston Fire Department is offering to the general public two CPR courses that are authorized by the American Heart Association.
The Health Care Provider course (Professional), is approximately 4 hours, and the Heart Saver course (General Public), is approximately 3 hours.
The early initiation of quality CPR has proven to increase the survival rate of patients who suffer a cardiac arrest. Combining community CPR with early defibrillation and advanced life support has proven to save lives.
January 20 (CPR)
February 17 (CPR)
March 16 (CPR)
April 20 (CPR)
April 27 (First Aid)
May 18 (CPR)
June 15 (CPR)
July 20 (CPR)
July 27 (First Aid)
August 17 (CPR)
September 21 (CPR)
October 19 (CPR)
October 26 (First Aid)
November 16 (CPR)
December 21 (CPR)
Time: CPR Classes 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. & First Aid Classes 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Age Group: Young Adults/Adults
Location: Fire Headquarters, 909 Lake St.
Class Size: 5 - 20 people
Cost: Evanston Resident $35, Non-Resident working in Evanston $40 and Non-Resident $45
Books: Required, and included in class cost (Healthcare Provider Student Manual, Heart Saver Student Manual, and Heart Saver First Aid Student Manual)
Interested parties can register on line or call the CPR Hotline 847-866-5935. Registration and payment must be received one week prior to the start of class. Businesses and Health Care Institutions contact 847-866-5935 for arrangements and rates.
Fire & Safety Awards Ceremony
Human Services Committee
Housing & Homelessness Commission
Mayor's Compensation Committee
Zoning Board of Appeals
Design and Project Review Committee
- Illinois Department of Public Health Reports 16 Travel Associated Cases of Zika Virus in Illinois
- Livable Landscapes Program Offers Residents Assistance with Stormwater Management, Eco-Friendly Planting
- Vote for Evanston in the 2016 World Wildlife Fund's "We Love Cities" Campaign
- City of Evanston "311 About My Place" Tool Wins Public Technology Institute's 2016 Technology Solutions Award
- City of Evanston Partners with iKeedo to Raise Funds for Fallen Trees