- Approved Planned Development Projects
- Inclusionary Housing Ordinance
- Area Planning
- Zoning Code
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Housing & Grants
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports, Plans & Policies
- Proposed Planned Development Projects
Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
The Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2 (NSP2) is funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is managing this $1.93 billion program to help stabilize neighborhoods that have been hardest hit by the effects of foreclosed and abandoned properties. The City of Evanston is receiving $18.15 million to accomplish the following:
- Acquire and rehabilitate 100 housing units of foreclosed or abandoned housing for sale or rental by households at or below 120% of the area median income
- Property types may include single-family homes, townhomes, small flats, multi-family buildings and condominiums, based on availability
- Provide a minimum of eight hours of housing counseling for homebuyers
- Provide soft second mortgages to home purchasers
- Funds not used for the required 100 units of foreclosed/abandoned housing will be used for a new housing development, which will be re-scaled or phased based on funding (proposed new development was 98 units)
The target geography for NSP2 is Census tracts 8092 and 8102. These tracts have the highest percentage of foreclosed and abandoned properties in the city.
The waiting list for LiveEvanston rentals is currently closed. For more information, please contact Leasing & Management Company at 847.475.5199.
Square, Phase One
Emerson Square is a two-phased new Urbanist, new construction residential development that implements part of the West Evanston Master Plan. The first phase will result in 32 units of mixed-income rental housing. Construction started in Fall 2012 and is expected to be complete by the end of 2013.
The presentation below gives an overview of the first phase of the project.
Emerson Square Public Meeting Presentation 10.11.11
The waiting list for Emerson Square is currently closed. For more information, please call 847.475.5199.
Age Friendly Task Force Meeting
Starlight Concert Series: "Los Perros Cubanos"
Design and Project Review Committee
Transportation/Parking Committee Meeting - CANCELLED
- Registration Open for the Evanston Police Department's Fall 2016 Citizen Police Academy
- "Single Black Female" Opens August 6 at Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre
- Attend the 2016 Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival at Dawes Park August 6-7
- Police Chief Eddington Answers Questions About EPD Policies and Practices
- Emerson, Ridge, Asbury and Green Bay Corridor Project Update