Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Evanston Green Ball
Senior Citizen Bahama Mama Retreat in Evanston
"German Favorites" Symphony Concert by ESO
Evanston Own It: Bethel AME Church 89th Anniversary Celebration
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan for Hilton Orrington Masonry Repair June 1
- 2015 Starlight Concert Series Returns with 10 Free Shows Beginning June 6
- CTA to Conduct Purple Line Express Pilot Program June 1 - July 10
- Evanston Police Officers Join Fundraising Effort to Benefit Special Olympics
- Vital Records Office to Close June 1 Due to Relocation