Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Site Plan Appearance and Review Committee - CANCELLED
Baker Park Renovations Neighborhood Meeting
"Anthology by Karl Johnson" Opening Artist Reception
Arts Council's Community Relations Committee
Commission on Aging
- Evanston Mayor Tisdahl Joins Milken Institute's Nationwide Campaign to Improve Lives of Older Americans
- Save Yourself During the City's First Ever Zombie Scramble Race, Registration Closes October 15
- Special City Council Meeting Monday All About Bikes
- Governor Quinn Announces Investment to Expand Divvy Program in Chicago, Oak Park and Evanston
- CTA Bus Reroutes for Evanston Art & Big Fork Festival