Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fall Flea Market
Robert Crown's 40th Annual Fall Flea Market
Board of Animal Control
- Some Evanston Wheel Tax Renewal Forms Will Be Resent to Correct Processing Error
- Residents Reminded to Change Clocks and Batteries in Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors as Daylight Saving Time Ends Nov. 2
- Evanston Raises Age to Purchase and Sell Tobacco from 18 to 21
- Evanston Police Department Provides 2014 Halloween Safety Tips
- Local Volunteers Make Evanston Day of Caring Event a Great Success