- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Handyman Program
- Subsidized Taxicab Program
- Vehicle Sticker Discount
- Yard Waste Discount
- Benefit Access Program
- Prescription Discount Card
- Benefit Card Program
- Commission on Aging
- Aging Well Conference & Film Festival
- Levy Senior Center
- Snow Shoveling Program
- Age Friendly Evanston Initiative
- Age Friendly Community Meetings
- Age Friendly Task Force
The City of Evanston has a wide range of services for senior adults, including a subsidized taxicab program, a vehicle sticker discount and yard waste sticker discounts.
Some programs and benefits start with adults age 55 years and older, while other programs require participants to be older and/or be income-eligible. Starting in March 2011, an Evanston Benefit Card was created so seniors would not have to apply separately for each program and have several eligibility cards.
Complete details about Evanston’s many programs offered are listed in this section. If you have questions, the staff at the Levy Senior Center and the Long-Term Care Ombudsman are great resources for seniors and families who are seeking more information.
Get monthly highlights about Levy Senior Center programs and activities delivered right to your inbox every month by signing up for the Levy Newsletter. Simply visit www.cityofevanston.org/newsletter, enter your email address and choose "Levy Senior Center" under the "Recreation" category.
For a complete list of senior resources, please click here: www.epl.org/seniors
Indoor Farmers' Market
From Page to Stage with Lifeline Theatre
Special Olympics District Basketball Meet
Chicago Cubs Trophy Tour
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
- Water Supply Agreement with Morton Grove, Niles on January 23 City Council Agenda
- See the Cubs World Series Trophy at the Morton Civic Center January 22
- From the Mayor: Evanston Electoral Board Decisions
- Federal Court Determines Evanston Claims in James Park Case Must Go Forward
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Reduction Applications Due February 8