- About My Place
- Building & Housing Rehab
- City Television
- Community Ambassadors
- Disability Services
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Evanston Español
- Farmers' Market
- Fire Department
- LGBTQ Community
- New Residents
- NU Student Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Police Department
- Property Tax Assessment
- Recycling & Waste
- Senior Services
- Youth & Young Adults
Welcome to the City of Evanston. The City’s web site is a great resource for new and existing residents! The web site is ever-changing and updated regularly. Visit often to learn what’s going on.
To see this information in Spanish, please click here>>>
Para ver esta información en español, por favor haga clic aquí>>>
The City of Evanston has 11 departments and offers many services from many different buildings. Residents can call 311 or 847-448-4311 Monday to Friday from 7am to 7pm and Saturday from 9 a.m. from 5 p.m. to ask questions, request services or report non-emergency situations. In addition, services are available online and on our app 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Where You Are
Enter your address in About My Place to find out what City Ward you reside in; who your Alderman is; your refuse, yard waste and recycling pickup days; street cleaning dates; and other vital information you need to become acclimated to your new community.
Contact your elected officials using this information.
Licenses and other Registration
- The City has a wonderful library. See about getting a library card here.
- Residents must register their pets with the City and purchase a license annually.
- Voter Registration, Polling Places and Precincts
- Purchase a residential parking permit here. All vehicles registered to Evanston must also pay a wheel tax annually.
- Driver's Licenses are obtained through the Cook County Secretary of State's Office
Beaches, Libraries, Parks, and Community Centers
Evanston has 6 beaches, 7 community centers, and the main Evanston Public Library and two branch libraries, as well as 76 parks and 50 playgrounds.
Waste, Recycling, Street Cleaning and Snow
- Refuse Collection
- Yard Waste
- Leaf Blowing: Leaf blowers may only be used between March 30 and May 15 and between September 30 and the first Thursday of December during these hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Street Cleaning
- Snow Plan
By phone and through the web
Indoor Farmers' Market
From Page to Stage with Lifeline Theatre
Special Olympics District Basketball Meet
Chicago Cubs Trophy Tour
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
- Water Supply Agreement with Morton Grove, Niles on January 23 City Council Agenda
- See the Cubs World Series Trophy at the Morton Civic Center January 22
- From the Mayor: Evanston Electoral Board Decisions
- Federal Court Determines Evanston Claims in James Park Case Must Go Forward
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Reduction Applications Due February 8