The Public Works Department is responsible for providing a wide variety of services for Evanston residents. Some of these services include:
- Transportation & Engineering
- Alley paving
- Street cleaning
- Refuse collection and disposal
- Yard waste collection
- Residential recycling services
- Sidewalk and curb repair
- Ice and snow removal
Additionally, the Public Works Department conducts traffic studies, maintains traffic signs, pavement markings, traffic signals and street lights, provides traffic control for special events, and enforces parking regulations.
Other responsibilities are:
- Street resurfacing
- Street and alley maintenance
Sign up here to have meeting agendas sent to you by email for City Council, Administration and Public Works Committee, & Planning and Development Committee meetings.
Click Here>>> for the printable 2013 Public Works Newsletter (including street sweeping schedules).
By phone and through the web
Board of Ethics - CANCELED
Zoning Board of Appeals
Housing & Community Development Act - RESCHEDULED
- Adult Mosquito Control Operations in Northwest Evanston Set for June 19
- Laboratory Confirmed Mumps Case in Chicago Area University Student
- Recycling Fair & Equipment Display July 13
- State Seeks Input on Illinois Bike Transportation Plan
- Celebrate 150 years of Evanston with "Its Thursday, Let's Dance! "