- Approved Planned Development Projects
- Area Planning
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Housing & Grants
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports, Plans & Policies
- Proposed Planned Development Projects
Planning & Zoning Division
Improving and protecting the quality of life of Evanston residents is a daily focus of the Planning and Zoning Division. Our mission is to serve as a resource and catalyst for improving the city, its neighborhoods, historic districts, downtown, and the industrial and commercial components of the local economy.
As one of the most economically diverse older and smaller cities in the Midwest, Evanston is a distinct place with many amenities and opportunities, as well as challenges. Collaborative planning with citizens, businesses and institutions is integral to the city’s culture, as are public and private partnerships that promote a high quality of living and working in Evanston.
Additionally, the Planning and Zoning Division is tasked to administer the Zoning Ordinance (Title 6 of the Evanston City Code). This includes reviewing all proposals and applications for compliance, process applications for zoning relief (i.e. variances) and provide zoning information in order to maintain compliance of all properties within the City of Evanston. The Zoning Office reviews all building applications for construction permits and business licenses for compliance.
Staff: Zoning Officer: Martin Travis, 847-448-8155
Zoning Planner: Melissa Klotz, 847-448-8153
Lighthouse Landing Complex Committee
Design and Project Review Committee
Preservation Commission Special Meeting - Northwestern University's Subdivision proposal of Evanston Campus (east of Sheridan Road)
Twitter Town Hall Meeting
Commission on Aging
- Celebrate Women's History Month with Fleetwood-Jourdain March 14
- Mayor Tisdahl's Annual Summer Youth Employment Program Job Fair Set for March 28
- Firewood Sale Ends March 7
- Evanston Community Members Invited to Attend CAPER Public Meeting March 10
- House Move to Impact Traffic and Parking on Green Bay Rd., Central St. and Crawford Ave.