- Area Planning
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports & Plans
Planning & Zoning Division
Improving and protecting the quality of life of Evanston residents is a daily focus of the Planning and Zoning Division. Our mission is to serve as a resource and catalyst for improving the city, its neighborhoods, historic districts, downtown, and the industrial and commercial components of the local economy.
As one of the most economically diverse older and smaller cities in the Midwest, Evanston is a distinct place with many amenities and opportunities, as well as challenges. Collaborative planning with citizens, businesses and institutions is integral to the city’s culture, as are public and private partnerships that promote a high quality of living and working in Evanston.
Additionally, the Planning and Zoning Division is tasked to administer the Zoning Ordinance (Title 6 of the Evanston City Code). This includes reviewing all proposals and applications for compliance, process applications for zoning relief (i.e. variances) and provide zoning information in order to maintain compliance of all properties within the City of Evanston. The Zoning Office reviews all building applications for construction permits and business licenses for compliance.
Daylight Saving Time Begins
Board of Local Improvements
Admin/Public Works Comm.
Planning & Development Committee - CANCELED
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda
- 2013 City Annual Report Released
- Evanston Earns 4-STAR Certification as National Sustainable Community, City One of Only Two Recognized for Excellence Nationwide
- City of Evanston Introduces New Twitter Account, @CityofEvanston2
- Women Out Walking (WOW) Program Returns March 22