- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
Roller skating is offered at two community centers
Skating takes place at Fleetwood-Jourdain Center and Chandler-Newberger Center. Participants are allowed to bring their own roller skates (if compatible with the floor surface), helmets and pads.
Evanston residents under age 18 skate free (skate rental included). There is a suggested donation of $3 for Evanston residents age 18+ to skate plus $2 for skate rental. Donations are accepted during adult and family skating times.
Are you interested in hosting a private roller skating party for your child’s birthday celebration?
Skating parties for children age 14 years and younger are offered at both community centers. Guests may bring their own helmets and pads and own roller skates (if compatible with the floor surface). You may bring your iPod to be played during the private party.
A rental includes three hours in a party room; two hours of roller skating to music in the gymnasium; set up of table and chairs in the party room; and clean-up. You supply treats and tableware.
The fee is $315. Please call each center for the maximum number of pairs of skates. The host must be an Evanston resident (ZIP 60201 or 60202). Full payment is due within 72 hours after party is booked.
There is no longer skating at the Levy Center.
* Note: youth who reside in ZIP code 60203 are considered Evanston residents for this program. Adults must reside in ZIP codes 60201 and 60202.
Indoor Farmer & Artisan Food Market
Open Studios Art Event
Special Black History Month Event
Noyes Open House/Open Studios
- City to Host Fountain Square Renovation Project Open House March 10
- House Move to Impact Traffic and Parking on Green Bay Rd., Central St. and Crawford Ave.
- City Launches New Open Data Portal, OpenEvanston.org
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan Near Ryan Field March 2-13
- Public Works Storm Cleanup Update - Feb. 26