- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Summer Youth Food Service Program
- Support Your Parks
- Adopt a Park
- Gibbs-Morrison Center
- Open Gyms
Evanston's Dog Beach is located just north of the Church Street launch facility, where Church St. meets the lake.
Things to remember when purchasing your 2016 dog beach pass:
1. Please read the updated 2016 Dog Beach Packet (updated 5-16-16).
2. Your Veterinarian must verify all required Cook County vaccinations/test by filling out Section 1 of the verification form. This form is the only type of verification we accept.
3. Your dog must be licensed by the municipality where you reside.
- Evanston residents (60201 or 60202) must have a valid 2016 Evanston pet license
- Non-residents must include a copy of pet license or proof that municipality does not require a license
4. Please read all rules/policies prior to purchasing your pass.
7 am to 7:30 pm, May 28 through November, weather permitting.
Admission is restricted to dog owners or handlers with a dog beach pass.
$50 Resident (60201 and 60202 only)
Starting September 1, half-price
Requirements to obtain a Dog Beach Pass
The Cook County Animal and Rabies Control Ordinance requires that there is written proof (on file with the operator of the Dog Park/Dog Beach) of an examination within the past year for any communicable diseases including:
- current vaccinations or titers (antibodies) for: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Bordetella (kennel cough) and Leptospirosis
- internal parasites as confirmed by a stool specimen
The dog must be currently licensed in Evanston or provide proof that the dog is licensed by the local government where the dog’s owner lives. If you have questions regarding these requirements, please call 847.448.4311 or contact Cook County Animal Control at 708.974.6140.
Pooch Park is a 2.7 acre park located at 3220 Oakton St. that is an off-leash fenced dog recreational facility. It is jointly operated by the City of Evanston and Skokie Park District. View Pooch Park information >>>
Comments & SuggestionsShare your comments or suggestions about the Dog Beach online. Click here.
Sign up to get notified via text message of dog beach status
Text messages will be sent on days when there is a dog beach closing. Select Beach Status from the list after entering your number below.
Prefer to get an email notification instead? Click here to sign up.