- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
- Adopt a Park
Evanston's Dog Beach is located just north of the Church Street launch facility, where Church St. meets the lake.
Things to remember when purchasing your 2015 dog beach pass:
1. Passes go on sale beginning March 16, 2015
2. Your Veterinarian must verify all required Cook County vaccinations/test by filling out Section 1 of the verification form. This form is the only type of verification we accept.
3. Your dog, must be licensed by the municipality where you reside.
- Evanston residents (60201 or 60202) must have a valid 2015 Evanston pet license
- Non-residents must include a copy of pet license or proof that municipality does not require
4. The dog beach opens Wednesday, April 1, 2015
5. Please read all rules/policies prior to purchasing your pass
Click below to download the 2015 Dog Beach information packet and pass application
7 am to 8 pm, April through November, weather permitting.
Admission is restricted to dog owners or handlers with a dog beach pass.
$60 Resident (60201 and 60202 only)
Starting August 1, half-price
Requirements to obtain a Dog Beach Pass
The Cook County Animal and Rabies Control Ordinance requires that there is written proof (on file with the operator of the Dog Park/Dog Beach) of an examination within the past year for any communicable diseases including:
- current vaccinations or titers (antibodies) for: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Bordetella (kennel cough) and Leptospirosis
- internal parasites as confirmed by a stool specimen
The dog must be currently licensed in Evanston or provide proof that the dog is licensed by the local government where the dog’s owner lives. If you have questions regarding these requirements, please call 847.448.4311 or contact Cook County Animal Control at 708.974.6140.
Dog Beach Video
From Sun-Times Media Group/Pioneer Press article - 12/2/12
Comments & SuggestionsShare your comments or suggestions about the Dog Beach online. Click here.
Sign up to get notified via text message of dog beach status
Text messages will be sent on days when there is a dog beach closing. Select Beach Status from the list after entering your number below.
Prefer to get an email notification instead? Click here to sign up.