- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
- Adopt a Park
- Gibbs-Morrison Center
The Ecology Center strives to foster a greater appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment and our interdependence with it through educational programs and services.
The Evanston Ecology Center is a City of Evanston facility. The Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) helps supports the Evanston Ecology Center, the Center's educational programs, and the Ladd Arboretum. Learn more by clicking here>>>.
In 2014, the Evanston Ecology Center celebrated its 40th anniversary. The video below highlights the history of the center and the great impact it's had on the community.
Classes are offered year-'round for children, adults, families, schools, and organized groups such as scouts. To learn more about this season's classes, click here.
Ecology Center staff oversee
- four community gardens
- several very popular summer camp programs
- canoeing on the North Shore Channel
- programming at Lighthouse Park
- Free "Access to Fishing" youth program (sponsored by the Department of Natural Resources)
- natural history programs
This project includes development of a facility management and long range master plan for the Ladd Arboretum by professional design consultants.
2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
Bulk Trash Days
Evanston Public Library Storytelling Festival
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Water Treatment Facility Tour
- Reminder: City to Make All Regularly Scheduled Refuse & Recycling Collections on Columbus Day, October 12
- Evanston Police Department Hosts "Coffee with a Cop" October 16
- Watch Chicago Cubs NLDS Playoff Games at Evanston Community Centers
- "Forgotten Cuba" Exhibit on Display at Morton Civic Center
- Evanston Community Centers to Open for Baseball Playoff Game Viewing