- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Park Permits & Picnics
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
The Ecology Center strives to foster a greater appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment and our interdependence with it through educational programs and services.
The Evanston Ecology Center is a City of Evanston facility. The Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) helps supports the Evanston Ecology Center, the Center's educational programs, and the Ladd Arboretum. Learn more by clicking here>>>.
Evanston Green Ball
THE THIRD ANNUAL EVANSTON GREEN BALL will be presented on Friday, May 30, 2014 by the Evanston Environmental Association and the City of Evanston.
This unique event offers a festive evening of fabulous food, drinks and live music designed to keep the ball rolling at the Evanston Ecology Center - one of the City of Evanston's most highly regarded institutions. Click here for details.
Classes are offered year-'round for children, adults, families, schools, and organized groups such as scouts. To learn more about this season's classes, click here.
Ecology Center staff oversee
- four community gardens
- several very popular summer camp programs
- canoeing on the North Shore Channel
- programming at Lighthouse Park
- Free "Access to Fishing" youth program (sponsored by the Department of Natural Resources)
- natural history programs
Ladd Arboretum Master Plan
This project includes development of a facility management and long range master plan for the Ladd Arboretum by professional design consultants.
2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
Mon.-Fri.: 8:30am-5pm Sat: 9am-4:30pm
Summer office hours: Mon.-Fri.: 9am-4:30pm
Big Ten Women's Tennis Championship
Police Pension Fund Quarterly
Evanston Volunteer Recognition Reception
Green Drinks: STAR Community Rating
Property Tax Seminar
- Evanston Water Division Recognized for Outstanding Water Delivery and Testing Services
- Fifth Annual District 65-202 Art Exhibit on Display at Morton Civic Center Through May 28
- Evanston Celebrates Older Americans Month in May with Film Festival & Conference
- Phase 2 Update on Grove Street ComEd Construction Project
- Evanston Police Department Celebrates Success in Community Policing