- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
- Adopt a Park
The Ecology Center strives to foster a greater appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment and our interdependence with it through educational programs and services.
The Evanston Ecology Center is a City of Evanston facility. The Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) helps supports the Evanston Ecology Center, the Center's educational programs, and the Ladd Arboretum. Learn more by clicking here>>>.
In 2014, the Evanston Ecology Center celebrated its 40th anniversary. The video below highlights the history of the center and the great impact it's had on the community.
Classes are offered year-'round for children, adults, families, schools, and organized groups such as scouts. To learn more about this season's classes, click here.
Ecology Center staff oversee
- four community gardens
- several very popular summer camp programs
- canoeing on the North Shore Channel
- programming at Lighthouse Park
- Free "Access to Fishing" youth program (sponsored by the Department of Natural Resources)
- natural history programs
This project includes development of a facility management and long range master plan for the Ladd Arboretum by professional design consultants.
2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
Coffee with a Cop
World Water Day: Tap Into Lake Michigan
Design and Project Review Committee - CANCELLED
Northwestern University/City Committee
9th Ward Meeting
- Evanston Yard Waste Collections Begin April 1
- Evanston Beach Tokens Available for Purchase Beginning April 1
- Share Your Feedback at the Clark Street Beach Bird Habitat Restoration Meeting April 8
- Evanston Maple Trees Produce Syrup, Lessons in Sustainability
- Early Voting Open at the Morton Civic Center for the Suburban Cook County Consolidated Election