- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Summer Youth Food Service Program
- Support Your Parks
- Adopt a Park
- Gibbs-Morrison Center
- Open Gyms
The Ecology Center strives to foster a greater appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment and our interdependence with it through educational programs and services.
The Evanston Ecology Center is a City of Evanston facility. The Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) helps supports the Evanston Ecology Center, the Center's educational programs, and the Ladd Arboretum. Learn more by clicking here>>>.
In 2014, the Evanston Ecology Center celebrated its 40th anniversary. The video below highlights the history of the center and the great impact it has had on the community.
Classes are offered year-round for children, adults, families, schools, and organized groups such as scouts. To learn more about this season's classes, click here.
Ecology Center staff oversee
- Four community gardens
- Several very popular summer camp programs
- Canoeing on the North Shore Channel
- Programming at Lighthouse Park
Free "Access to Fishing" youth program (sponsored by the Department of Natural Resources). This program is a great way to introduce children age 5 & up to the "catch-and-release" process. Equipment, bait and fishing expertise are provided. Drop by every Saturday, May through September, from 10am-1pm, at Lovelace Park (Gross Point Rd. at Thayer St.). Kids under 16 don't need a license, but must be accompanied by an adult. Call 847-448-8256 for more info.
- Natural history programs
The Evanston Ecology Center's Multi-Purpose Room is available to host your next event! View and complete the online rental contract form for more information and to request a reservation.
2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee
Board of Ethics - CANCELED
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda
- Water Supply Agreement with Morton Grove, Niles on January 23 City Council Agenda
- See the Cubs World Series Trophy at the Morton Civic Center January 22
- From the Mayor: Evanston Electoral Board Decisions
- Federal Court Determines Evanston Claims in James Park Case Must Go Forward