- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
The Ecology Center strives to foster a greater appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment and our interdependence with it through educational programs and services.
The Evanston Ecology Center is a City of Evanston facility. The Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) helps supports the Evanston Ecology Center, the Center's educational programs, and the Ladd Arboretum. Learn more by clicking here>>>.
In 2014, the Evanston Ecology Center is celebrating its 40th anniversary. The video below highlights the history of the center and the great impact it's had on the community.
Classes are offered year-'round for children, adults, families, schools, and organized groups such as scouts. To learn more about this season's classes, click here.
Ecology Center staff oversee
- four community gardens
- several very popular summer camp programs
- canoeing on the North Shore Channel
- programming at Lighthouse Park
- Free "Access to Fishing" youth program (sponsored by the Department of Natural Resources)
- natural history programs
This project includes development of a facility management and long range master plan for the Ladd Arboretum by professional design consultants.
2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
Grand Chanukah Menorah Lighting
5th Ward Meeting
Park and Recreation Board - CANCELLED
Housing and Homelessness Commission - CANCELLED
Holiday Food & Toy Drive
- Evanston Police Commander Parrott Promoted to Deputy Police Chief
- Show Off Your Ugly Holiday Sweater for a Chance to Win Local Theatre/Arts Show Tickets
- "Evanston Rec" App Users Get First Look Inside the 2015 Summer Camp Guide
- Evanston Divvy Bike Share Partnership and Sponsorship Opportunities Announced
- City of Evanston's 2014 Christmas Holiday Schedule