- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
The Ecology Center strives to foster a greater appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment and our interdependence with it through educational programs and services.
The Evanston Ecology Center is a City of Evanston facility. The Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) helps supports the Evanston Ecology Center, the Center's educational programs, and the Ladd Arboretum. Learn more by clicking here>>>.
In 2014, the Evanston Ecology Center is celebrating its 40th anniversary. The video below highlights the history of the center and the great impact it's had on the community.
Evanston Green Ball
THE THIRD ANNUAL EVANSTON GREEN BALL was presented on Friday, May 30, 2014 by the Evanston Environmental Association and the City of Evanston.
This unique event offered a festive evening of fabulous food, drinks and live music designed to keep the ball rolling at the Evanston Ecology Center - one of the City of Evanston's most highly regarded institutions. Click here for details. We hope you can attend in 2015.
Classes are offered year-'round for children, adults, families, schools, and organized groups such as scouts. To learn more about this season's classes, click here.
Ecology Center staff oversee
- four community gardens
- several very popular summer camp programs
- canoeing on the North Shore Channel
- programming at Lighthouse Park
- Free "Access to Fishing" youth program (sponsored by the Department of Natural Resources)
- natural history programs
Ladd Arboretum Master Plan
This project includes development of a facility management and long range master plan for the Ladd Arboretum by professional design consultants.
2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
Mon.-Fri.: 8:30am-5pm Sat: 9am-4:30pm
Summer office hours: Mon.-Fri.: 9am-4:30pm
"The Hobbit" Auditions
1st Ward Meeting
Zoning Board of Appeals - RESCHEDULED
Public Safety Civil Service Commission
Site Plan Appearance and Review Committee
- Update on Fire at North Shore Towing - 2527 Oakton Street
- Ingleside Place Improvement Project Begins September 2
- Evanston Green Living Festival September 27
- First Human Case of West Nile Virus Reported in Suburban Cook County
- Adult Mosquito Control Operations Set for August 28