- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
Applications for employment opportunities are accepted online. Please click the box below to view all open positions and apply as directed.|
Human Resources is the central coordinating point for the filling of all full-time, permanent part-time and seasonal positions. Human Resources also provides assistance and guidance to the operating departments and employees in all areas of employment including:
- position classification
- salary administration
- performance evaluation
- benefit administration
- on-the-job injuries and disability
- labor relations
The City of Evanston is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Chosen candidates will be subject to a qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug alcohol screen. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with the City of Evanston.
Salary & Benefits
View City of Evanston salary & benefits here.
2013 Firefighter/Paramedic Recruitment
We are not currently accepting applications for Firefighter/Paramedic. The 2013 application deadline was July 22 and the written exam was held on August 24, 2013.
Final Eligibility List (.pdf) - posted December 23, 2013
2013 Police Officer Recruitment
We are not currently accepting applications for Police Officer. The 2013 application deadline was July 1 and the written exam was held on August 3, 2013.
Preliminary Eligibility List (.pdf) - posted November 1, 2013
By phone and through the web
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fall Flea Market
Robert Crown's 40th Annual Fall Flea Market
Board of Animal Control
- Some Evanston Wheel Tax Renewal Forms Will Be Resent to Correct Processing Error
- Residents Reminded to Change Clocks and Batteries in Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors as Daylight Saving Time Ends Nov. 2
- Evanston Raises Age to Purchase and Sell Tobacco from 18 to 21
- Evanston Police Department Provides 2014 Halloween Safety Tips
- Local Volunteers Make Evanston Day of Caring Event a Great Success