- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
Applications for employment opportunities are accepted online. Please click the box below to view all open positions and apply as directed.|
Human Resources is the central coordinating point for the filling of all full-time, permanent part-time and seasonal positions. Human Resources also provides assistance and guidance to the operating departments and employees in all areas of employment including:
- position classification
- salary administration
- performance evaluation
- benefit administration
- on-the-job injuries and disability
- labor relations
The City of Evanston is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Chosen candidates will be subject to a qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug alcohol screen. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with the City of Evanston.
Salary & Benefits
View City of Evanston salary & benefits here.
2013 Firefighter/Paramedic Recruitment
We are not currently accepting applications for Firefighter/Paramedic. The 2013 application deadline was July 22 and the written exam was held on August 24, 2013.
Final Eligibility List (.pdf) - posted December 23, 2013
2013 Police Officer Recruitment
We are not currently accepting applications for Police Officer. The 2013 application deadline was July 1 and the written exam was held on August 3, 2013.
Preliminary Eligibility List (.pdf) - posted November 1, 2013
By phone and through the web
Bulk Trash Pick-up for Tuesday Trash Route
Housing and Homelessness Commission - RESCHEDULED
Fairy Tale Trail
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Evanston Day of Caring
- Evanston Innovators and Small Businesses to Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week November 17-23
- New "Evanston Rec" App to Bring Parks and Recreation Events to Mobile Users
- City of Evanston Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department Hosts Producemobile at Robert Crown Center, Serving 250 Community Members in Need
- Enjoy Special Halloween and Harvest Events around Fountain Square Plaza Oct. 25-27
- LINEAR/CIRCULAR Art Exhibition Opens November 19