- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
Applications for employment opportunities are accepted online. Please click the box below to view all open positions and apply as directed.|
Human Resources is the central coordinating point for the filling of all full-time, permanent part-time and seasonal positions. Human Resources also provides assistance and guidance to the operating departments and employees in all areas of employment including:
- position classification
- salary administration
- performance evaluation
- benefit administration
- on-the-job injuries and disability
- labor relations
The City of Evanston is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Chosen candidates will be subject to a qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug alcohol screen. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with the City of Evanston.
Salary & Benefits
View City of Evanston salary & benefits here.
2013 Firefighter/Paramedic Recruitment
We are not currently accepting applications for Firefighter/Paramedic. The 2013 application deadline was July 22 and the written exam was held on August 24, 2013.
Final Eligibility List (.pdf) - posted December 23, 2013
2013 Police Officer Recruitment
We are not currently accepting applications for Police Officer. The 2013 application deadline was July 1 and the written exam was held on August 3, 2013.
Preliminary Eligibility List (.pdf) - posted November 1, 2013
By phone and through the web
Housing and Homelessness Commission - CANCELLED
Holiday Food & Toy Drive
Breakfast with Santa
Indoor Farmer & Artisan Food Market
- Evanston Police Commander Parrott Promoted to Deputy Police Chief
- City Invites Comments on a Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds
- Show Off Your Ugly Holiday Sweater for a Chance to Win Local Theatre/Arts Show Tickets
- "Evanston Rec" App Users Get First Look Inside the 2015 Summer Camp Guide
- Evanston Divvy Bike Share Partnership and Sponsorship Opportunities Announced