- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
9th Ward Alderman
Brian Miller was born and raised in Evanston. He attended Lincolnwood Elementary and Haven Middle Schools, and is a proud graduate of Evanston Township High School. Miller graduated from the Northwestern University School of Law and the George Washington University, and is an alumnus of Leadership Evanston and the New Leaders Council. He lives in Evanston with his wife, Anna, and his infant son, Carter.
Currently, Miller is chief of staff to Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin. He also serves as president of the Democratic Party of Evanston. Miller has legal experience serving as the executive director of a legal aid agency, practicing in a large law firm, and working for a federal judge, the Illinois Attorney General and with the City of Chicago Department of Law.
Before attending law school, Miller was a community organizer in Evansville, Indiana. He also has extensive volunteer experience with nonprofit organizations, including serving as co-chair of the McGaw YMCA Camp Echo Committee and on the Advisory Board of Chicago Votes.
Sign up for the 9th Ward e-newsletter
Bulk Trash Days
Evanston Public Library Storytelling Festival
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Water Treatment Facility Tour
- Evanston Police Department Hosts "Coffee with a Cop" October 16
- Watch Chicago Cubs NLDS Playoff Games at Evanston Community Centers
- "Forgotten Cuba" Exhibit on Display at Morton Civic Center
- Evanston Community Centers to Open for Baseball Playoff Game Viewing
- Evanston Small Business Expo to Focus on Reaching Internet Shoppers