- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
9th Ward Alderman
Brian Miller was born and raised in Evanston. He attended Lincolnwood Elementary and Haven Middle Schools, and is a proud graduate of Evanston Township High School. Miller graduated from the Northwestern University School of Law and the George Washington University, and is an alumnus of Leadership Evanston and the New Leaders Council. He lives in Evanston with his wife, Anna, and his infant son, Carter.
Currently, Miller is chief of staff to Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin. He also serves as president of the Democratic Party of Evanston. Miller has legal experience serving as the executive director of a legal aid agency, practicing in a large law firm, and working for a federal judge, the Illinois Attorney General and with the City of Chicago Department of Law.
Before attending law school, Miller was a community organizer in Evansville, Indiana. He also has extensive volunteer experience with nonprofit organizations, including serving as co-chair of the McGaw YMCA Camp Echo Committee and on the Advisory Board of Chicago Votes.
Sign up for the 9th Ward e-newsletter
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fourth of July Celebration
Clark St. Beach Closed
Human Services Committee
- Joint 1st and 4th Ward Meeting to Discuss Planned Fountain Square Improvements July 14
- First West Nile Virus Positive Mosquitoes in Evanston Reported for 2015
- Dempster Street Traffic Signal Modernization Project Begins July 6
- Evanston and Chicago Police Departments Meet for Public Roll Call July 7
- FJT to Present Award-winning Play, "The Vagina Monologues," July 11-26