- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
- Township Documents
9th Ward Alderman
Brian Miller was born and raised in Evanston. He attended Lincolnwood Elementary and Haven Middle Schools, and is a proud graduate of Evanston Township High School. Miller graduated from the Northwestern University School of Law and the George Washington University, and is an alumnus of Leadership Evanston and the New Leaders Council. He lives in Evanston with his wife, Anna, and his infant son, Carter.
Currently, Miller is chief of staff to Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin. He also serves as president of the Democratic Party of Evanston. Miller has legal experience serving as the executive director of a legal aid agency, practicing in a large law firm, and working for a federal judge, the Illinois Attorney General and with the City of Chicago Department of Law.
Before attending law school, Miller was a community organizer in Evansville, Indiana. He also has extensive volunteer experience with nonprofit organizations, including serving as co-chair of the McGaw YMCA Camp Echo Committee and on the Advisory Board of Chicago Votes.
Sign up for the 9th Ward e-newsletter
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee
Board of Ethics - CANCELED
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda
- Water Supply Agreement with Morton Grove, Niles on January 23 City Council Agenda
- See the Cubs World Series Trophy at the Morton Civic Center January 22
- From the Mayor: Evanston Electoral Board Decisions
- Federal Court Determines Evanston Claims in James Park Case Must Go Forward