- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
9th Ward Alderman
Brian Miller was born and raised in Evanston. He attended Lincolnwood Elementary and Haven Middle Schools, and is a proud graduate of Evanston Township High School. Miller graduated from the Northwestern University School of Law and the George Washington University, and is an alumnus of Leadership Evanston and the New Leaders Council. He lives in Evanston with his wife, Anna, and his infant son, Carter.
Currently, Miller is chief of staff to Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin. He also serves as president of the Democratic Party of Evanston. Miller has legal experience serving as the executive director of a legal aid agency, practicing in a large law firm, and working for a federal judge, the Illinois Attorney General and with the City of Chicago Department of Law.
Before attending law school, Miller was a community organizer in Evansville, Indiana. He also has extensive volunteer experience with nonprofit organizations, including serving as co-chair of the McGaw YMCA Camp Echo Committee and on the Advisory Board of Chicago Votes.
Sign up for the 9th Ward e-newsletter
Screen-Free Week (Ecology Center)
EvanstonEdge Startup Showcase
Screen-Free Week (Robert Crown Center)
Commission on Aging
Board of Local Improvements
- Evanston Announces May 2015 as "Bike Kick-off Month"
- City of Evanston Issues Request for Letters of Intent - Noyes Street Theatre
- Explore Local Art from Evanston Youth at the 2015 YEA! Day Festival May 16
- Community Stakeholders Invited to Participate in Energy Benchmarking Initiative
- Aging Well Film Night and Conference Set for May 6 & 8