- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
9th Ward Alderman
Brian Miller was born and raised in Evanston. He attended Lincolnwood Elementary and Haven Middle Schools, and is a proud graduate of Evanston Township High School. Miller graduated from the Northwestern University School of Law and the George Washington University, and is an alumnus of Leadership Evanston and the New Leaders Council. He lives in Evanston with his wife, Anna, and his infant son, Carter.
Currently, Miller is chief of staff to Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin. He also serves as president of the Democratic Party of Evanston. Miller has legal experience serving as the executive director of a legal aid agency, practicing in a large law firm, and working for a federal judge, the Illinois Attorney General and with the City of Chicago Department of Law.
Before attending law school, Miller was a community organizer in Evansville, Indiana. He also has extensive volunteer experience with nonprofit organizations, including serving as co-chair of the McGaw YMCA Camp Echo Committee and on the Advisory Board of Chicago Votes.
Sign up for the 9th Ward e-newsletter
Design and Project Review Committee
Transportation/Parking Committee Meeting - CANCELLED
Economic Development Committee - CANCELLED
Northwestern Summer Cinema
- Evanston Township High School Graduate to Compete for Nigeria in 2016 Summer Olympics
- Registration Open for the Evanston Police Department's Fall 2016 Citizen Police Academy
- "Single Black Female" Opens August 6 at Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre
- Attend the 2016 Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival at Dawes Park August 6-7
- Police Chief Eddington Answers Questions About EPD Policies and Practices