Terms and Conditions of Use
» Use of Data and Products
This Web site was created and maintained by the City of Evanston, Illinois, and is intended to be a non-public forum, the purpose of which is to provide access to local government departments, services, programs, and information. The user assumes the entire risk related to use of this data. In no event will the City of Evanston be liable to the user or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages or lost profit resulting from any use or misuse of this data.
There shall be no use of the City of Evanston's seal, logos, designs, slogans, images, trademarks or service marks without specific, written permission from the City of Evanston.
City staff provides information to the City of Evanston web site. While we try to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we cannot guarantee that it always will be entirely current. If you see something that should be corrected or updated, contact us. Be sure to give the full URL of the document in your letter.
This policy is intended to address linkage decisions for the City's Web site identified by the following web aliases: evanstoncitygov.com, evanstoncitygov.net, evanstoncitygov.org, cityofevanston.net, cityofevanston.org, evanstoncity.net, evanstoncity.org, evanstonil.net, evanstonil.org, ci.evanston.il.us. By default, all subwebs and Web pages contained within this Web site are included in this provision.
The City believes there are reasonable and desirable needs for links to Web sites outside the span of control of the municipality. The City of Evanston shall limit links placed on its Web pages to those Web sites that are deemed relevant to the mission of the City and meet the following criteria:
- Web sites that promote tourism, industry, and economic welfare within the community.
- Web sites that are owned and operated by newspapers of general circulation (as defined by the Illinois State Statues).
- Web sites that are owned and operated by local, state, federal government and educational agencies.
- Web sites that are owned and operated by utilities that serve the residents of the City of Evanston.
- Web sites of organizations that receive direct financial support from the City.
In order to avoid the appearance of City endorsement of political content, links shall not be made to sites that are associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute endorsement by the City of Evanston of external web sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Nothing in this policy shall guarantee that a business or non-profit organization shall be linked to the City home page. The City of Evanston reserves the right to deny links to any Web site that contains obscene or objectionable images and/or text. Also, the City of Evanston reserves the right to remove URLs of sites that no longer fulfill the requirements or cannot be accessed reliably.
Age Friendly Task Force Meeting
Starlight Concert Series: "Los Perros Cubanos"
Design and Project Review Committee
Transportation/Parking Committee Meeting
- "Single Black Female" Opens August 6 at Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Meeting
- Attend the 2016 Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival at Dawes Park August 6-7
- Police Chief Eddington Answers Questions About EPD Policies and Practices
- Emerson, Ridge, Asbury and Green Bay Corridor Project Update