- CPR Classes
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Creating A Basic Emergency Plan
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Disaster Driving
- If Officials Say to Evacuate
- Lightning Hazards
- Making a Disaster Survival Kit
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Premise Alert Program
- Summer Hazards
- Tornado Safety Tips
- Warning Signals
- Winter Storm Facts
- Why Prepare For Disaster?
- Citizen Fire Academy
- Fire Explorer Program
- Fire Prevention
- File of L.I.F.E
- Request Files & Reports
- Statistics & Reports
- Support Your Fire Dept.
- Contact Us
In order to better serve our community, the Evanston Fire Department is offering to the general public two CPR courses that are authorized by the American Heart Association.
The Health Care Provider course (Professional), is approximately 4 hours, and the Heart Saver course (General Public), is approximately 3 hours.
The early initiation of quality CPR has proven to increase the survival rate of patients who suffer a cardiac arrest. Combining community CPR with early defibrillation and advanced life support has proven to save lives.
January 20 (CPR)
February 17 (CPR)
March 16 (CPR)
April 20 (CPR)
April 27 (First Aid)
May 18 (CPR)
June 15 (CPR)
July 20 (CPR)
July 27 (First Aid)
August 17 (CPR)
September 21 (CPR)
October 19 (CPR)
October 26 (First Aid)
November 16 (CPR)
December 21 (CPR)
Time: CPR Classes 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. & First Aid Classes 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Age Group: Young Adults/Adults
Location: Fire Headquarters, 909 Lake St.
Class Size: 5 - 20 people
Cost: Evanston Resident $35, Non-Resident working in Evanston $40 and Non-Resident $45
Books: Required, and included in class cost (Healthcare Provider Student Manual, Heart Saver Student Manual, and Heart Saver First Aid Student Manual)
Interested parties can register on line or call the CPR Hotline 847-866-5935. Registration and payment must be received one week prior to the start of class. Businesses and Health Care Institutions contact 847-866-5935 for arrangements and rates.
Fire & Safety Awards Ceremony
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Access to Fishing
Evanston History Center's Ice Cream Social
#LOVESTORIES: Inspired by BLACK LIVES MATTER
- Attend the 2016 Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival at Dawes Park August 6-7
- Police Chief Eddington Answers Questions About EPD Policies and Practices
- Emerson, Ridge, Asbury and Green Bay Corridor Project Update
- Harry Potter Book Release Activities Offered for "Wizards" and "Muggles" July 30
- Attend National Night Out Events in Evanston on August 2