- Halloween Festivities
- Black History Month
- CommUNITY Picnic
- Day In The Life
- Ethnic Arts Festival
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Kits and Cats
- Lakeshore Arts Festival
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Starlight Movies & Concerts
- Streets Alive! Festival
Lakeshore Arts Festival
August 6-7, 2016
Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Dawes Park, Sheridan Rd. at Church St.
Since 1973, the City of Evanston has presented the annual Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival. The festival takes place the first weekend in August on Evanston's stunning, historic lakefront.
The festival showcases fine art by over 100 artists in 11 categories. While browsing and buying the artwork, you can listen to live jazz, blues, folk, bluegrass, rock, baroque and indie pop music. Be sure to make a bid or two at the Silent Art Auction, and bring your children or grandchidren to the popular Children's Craft Tent. The festival hosts eleven restaurateurs serving a variety of culinary delights. Admission is free.
For more information, please call 847-448-8264.
The Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival is presented by the City of Evanston’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities for next year's festival? For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-448-4311.
Park and Recreation Board
City Clerk's Office Closing
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Evanston's Lakefront Walking Tour
Fourth of July Celebration
- 2016 Starlight Concert Series Returns with Eight Free Shows Beginning June 7
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre Kicks Off 2016 Summertime Season with "A Song for Coretta" June 11-26
- Visit Art Studios and Galleries Citywide at Evanston Made Tour June 4
- "Five Elements" Exhibition Opens May 15 at Noyes Art Gallery
- U.S. Olympian to Perform in Robert Crown Center's "Magic Starts with a Wish" Spring Ice Show April 30 and May 1