- Halloween Festivities
- Black History Month
- CommUNITY Picnic
- Day In The Life
- Ethnic Arts Festival
- Kits and Cats
- Lakeshore Arts Festival
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Starlight Movies & Concerts
- Streets Alive! Festival
Capture the beauty of a snowy, winter day in Evanston for the seasonal "A Day in the Life of Evanston" photo contest.
Capture the beauty of a snowy, winter day in Evanston and be among those chosen to have their photos included in our seasonal print photo books! Whether you are an amateur or professional photographer, we want to see Evanston through your eyes. Submit a photo, or several photos, to the winter edition of “Day in the Life of Evanston: A Photo Story.” Let others see what Evanston means to you through the lens of your camera.
Photoshoot Dates: Monday, February 17 and Tuesday, Feburary 18
All photos were submitted on Tuesday, March 11.
All submitted photos are posted on the City of Evanston's website. Thirty two photos will be selected by a panel of judges to be part of our “Day in the Life of Evanston - Winter Edition” printed photo book which will be made available for purchase. Photos will be judged on:
• Technical (in focus, good exposure, rich colors)
• Uniqueness to Evanston
We can't wait to see how photographers of all ages and expertise levels share their vision of Evanston as seen through the lens of their camera.
Rules & Copyright
- The City of Evanston reserves the right to decline publishing any submitted photos for any reason.
- The photos must be taken by you and must be of something within the City of Evanston.
- All rights to the photos are shared between the City of Evanston and the originating photographer. Photographs may not be used by other individuals, organizations or businesses without the consent of the City or the originating photographer.
Upon photo submission, photographers:
Automatically permit the City to use the photos on the City’s web site and in the City photo book publication.
Automatically agree that they have obtained all permissions necessary from any identifiable people in the photos to publish the photos on the City’s web site and City photo book publication.
North Shore CROP Hunger Walk
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee - CANCELLED
City Council/Budget Discussion
- Celebrate Día de los Muertos at the Levy Center October 30
- Free Public Art Workshop with Indira Freitas Johnson October 20
- "The 43" Exhibit to Open at the Noyes Gallery on October 21
- 2016 Mayor's Award for the Arts Nominees Announced
- Celebrate Evanston's Vibrant Arts Community at the 3rd Annual "A Bright Night for the Arts" October 6