- Bids & Proposals
- Building & Inspection Services
- Business Complaints
- Business Districts
- Business Diversity
- Business Licenses
- Economic Development
- Housing & Grants
- TIF Districts
- Medical Cannabis
- New Businesses
- M/W/EBE's Local Employment Program
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Vendor Registration
- 1714-20 Chicago Ave.
- 2222 Oakton St. RFQ
Liquor License Information and Applications
The terms, fees, and renewable & transferable status vary from license to license. To view specifics, please look at the individual application files below and review the City of Evanston Liquor Code, Title 3, Section 4.
City of Evanston Liquor Licensing at 2100 Ridge Avenue, Suite 4400, Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: 847.448.8160 I Fax: 847.448.8093
If you wish to meet in person, please call or email ahead of time to set up an appointment.
CITY LIQUOR CONTROL CODE & ILLINOIS STATE RESOURCES
CITY OF EVANSTON LIQUOR TAX CODE (Title 3, Chapter 2)
LIQUOR LICENSE APPLICATIONS:
One-Day Liquor Licenses:
Class Z1 one-day liquor license application (non-City owned property, sale of beer and wine)
Class Z2 one-day liquor license application (non-City owned property, sale of alcoholic liquor)
Class Z3 one-day liquor license application (City owned property, sale or service of beer and wine)
Class Z4 one-day liquor license application (City owned property, sale or service of alcoholic liquor)
Annual Liquor Licenses:
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS (Please review prior to completing application)
Special Event Liquor Licenses: (For Use Only by Organizations that have applied for and/or received a Special Event Permit from the City of Evanston)
LIQUOR TAX RETURN PAYMENT & WORKSHEET:
Two ways to file & pay:
1) **NEW FORM** - File and Pay online: Liquor Tax Online Filing & Payment (Credit Card Only)
2) Download Worksheet and mail a check: Liquor Tax Return Statement (Auto-Calculates tax)
BACKGROUND CHECKS & FINGERPRINT FEES:
Each shareholder owner with 5% or greater interest in the business is required to complete a background form and submit for fingerprints. Below are links to the necessary forms.
Fingerprinting Process Fees may be paid online via this link. You may also pay in person at City of Evanston Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave, Room 2700, Evanston, IL 60201.
Shareholder/Site Manager Background Form
CHANGES IN PERSONNEL/CORPORATE STRUCTURE:
Any changes in partnerships, officers, directors, persons holding directly or beneficially more than five (5) percent of the stock or ownership interest, or managers of establishments licensed under this Chapter, shall be reported in writing to the local liquor control commissioner within ten (10) days of the change.
1) Pay the Fingerprinting Process Fee and make an appointment. You may pay online or in person at City of Evanston Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave, Room 2700, Evanston, IL 60201.
2) Complete a Shareholder/Site Manager Background Form
3) Complete a CORPORATION INFORMATION FORM (Use ONLY for Changes in partnerships, officers, directors, shareholder or owners)
(Liquor License Class C-1) FUNDRAISER NOTIFICATION FORM
Fundraiser Class C-1 Notification Form (Only for use by Class C-1 Licensees Hosting Fundraisers)
BASSET TRAINING INFORMATION:
- BASSET training courses are offered online and in-person by state-certified trainers
- Costs vary with online courses offered for as little as $15
- The alcohol sellers/server (BASSET certified) course is approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission
- For mor information please visit the Illinois Liquor Control Commission's BASSET page found here.
For a list of BASSET certified courses, please click here.
Indoor Farmers' Market
From Page to Stage with Lifeline Theatre
Special Olympics District Basketball Meet
Chicago Cubs Trophy Tour
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
- Water Supply Agreement with Morton Grove, Niles on January 23 City Council Agenda
- See the Cubs World Series Trophy at the Morton Civic Center January 22
- From the Mayor: Evanston Electoral Board Decisions
- Federal Court Determines Evanston Claims in James Park Case Must Go Forward
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Reduction Applications Due February 8