Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Design and Project Review Committee - CANCELLED
Adjusted hours, Clark St. Beach
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fourth of July Celebration
Clark St. Beach Closed
- Follow @COEBeach on Twitter for the Latest Evanston Beach Updates
- City of Evanston Announces 2015 Independence Day Holiday Weekend Schedule
- Celebrate Independence Day in Evanston with Parade, Fireworks and Activities
- Evanston Police Department Encourages Community Members to Attend "Coffee with a Cop" Event July 8
- Community Members Encouraged to Participate in Evanston Health & Human Services Department's Five-Year Strategic Planning Process