Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Northwestern Football vs. Illinois
Holiday Bash and Tree Lighting
- Nicor Construction in Dempster Street Area to Begin December 8
- Explanation for Recent Higher Energy Bills
- ComEd Work Scheduled in Alley North of Brummel St. Dec. 5
- Small Businesses Encourage You to "Shop Evanston" on November 29
- Attend the 2014 Evanston Holiday Safety Forum Dec. 2