Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Design and Project Review Committee
It's Thursday, Let's Dance!
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Lakeshore Arts Festival
- "Trending Topics and Facts" Webpage
- ComEd to Implement Temporary Traffic Control Plan on Maple Ave. July 28
- Members of "Evanston Own It" Initiative Provide $13,500 Donation for 2016 Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program
- Attend FJT's Annual Black Tie Gala and Hear "Black Voices of Opera" August 29
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Meeting Agenda